Wanna spice up pizza night? Then you need to make this Chicken Taco Pizza. Loaded with all the flavorings and vegetables you’d put in your tacos, now on a yummy pizza. The family will be thanking you and there won’t be any leftovers!
I have a fun and easy recipe for you guys today and it happens to fall on Cinco de Mayo. Yay!! Okay I totally planned on making this pizza for you for Cinco de Mayo, but you’ll be thanking me. Do you remember last week when I shared this yummy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, or this Blackened Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos and this refreshing Chavela drink.
It was a fun week of Cinco de Mayo recipes, so today I wanted to bring you something easy, but also something that has that Mexican flavor. Beside it being one of my favorite holidays ever because of the food, it also happens to be 30 Minute Meal Thursday.
Do you remember those? If you’ve been around My Kitchen Craze for a while, you might remember. In case you don’t let me refresh your memory. Every first Thursday of the month my food blogger friends and I gather our favorite and delicious 30 minute meals. We know how busy life can get and want to help out, so we share easy 30 minute meals. Make sure to head over to check out all the other recipes.
Now back to Cinco de Mayo and this delicious pizza. Sean and I have been obsessed with pizzas lately. When I say obsessed I mean making them almost every other night obsessed. I love when ever you are in a jam or need a quick dinner, pizza is a great option. Trader Joes has the best ever pre-made pizza dough. All you need to do it roll it out, add your toppings and wha-la you have yourself a delicious pizza.
I also like knowing what toppings are going on my pizza. I like ordering out every so often, but there’s something to be said about knowing what kind of ingredients are going on your pizza. Also you can add, only add half or change any of the ingredients to you liking. Just make sure to make this pizza because I know you’ll love it! Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!
Be sure to show some love to my food blogger friends and their 30 minute meals. Remember to come back every first Thursday of the month for more 30 minute meals!
Chicken Taco Pizza
- 1 16 ounce pre-made dough
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup three cheese Mexican shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons corn
- 2 tablespoons black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced into small pieces
- garnish, la crema and tapatio
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Add oil and chicken to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, then add the taco seasoning. Stir and cook an additional 5 minutes; set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, roll out pizza dough to desired size. Place dough on the pizza pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Once the crust is done, add the enchilada sauce, cheese, half of the cilantro and red onions. Add the corn, black beans and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crest is lightly golden brown. Remove pizza to a cutting board.
- Sprinkle the lettuce, avocados and remaining cilantro and red onions on top.
- Garnish with la crema and tapatio.
- Cut into pizza slices, serve and enjoy!
Here are some more pizza inspired meals: