Spinach Artichoke Cups are perfect little appetizers for a potluck or party. These cups take no time at all to make and taste delicious. Your guest won’t be able to eat just one!
I love little appetizers or small finger foods. They’re so fun to eat and when you’re having a party or get together, nothing screams fun like finger foods.
We had a block party this past summer. It was the first time Sean and I had ever gone to a block party, so I knew I needed to make something that was easy but also cute. Everyone pretty much knew I had a food blog, so they were expecting something good. Or maybe that’s just what I was thinking. 🙂
I didn’t want to be in the kitchen all day so I knew these Spinach Artichoke Cups would be the perfect appetizers. Normally when I’m making an appetizer for a party I make this spinach artichoke dip. I’ll have crackers and a baguette on the side, but this party I wanted something new and fun.
These Spinach Artichoke Cups are easy to throw together and taste awesome! You can eat one with in two bites, but I promise one won’t be enough. You’ll go for two or maybe even three. My son was disappointed when he realized they were all gone the night of our party.
These cups have the right amount of spinach, artichoke and cream cheese. Then add some fresh garlic and parmesan cheese, mix it all together, scoop it into…wait for it. Crescent rolls! How FUN, right? Bake it for a few minutes, then wha-la you have some tasty and cute treats! Perfect for any potluck, party or just because!
Spinach Artichoke Cups
- 1 8 oz. package of light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of salt
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tubes of crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray two muffin trays with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, artichoke hearts and spinach. Stir everything together until incorporated and set aside.
- Roll out 1/2 of the crescent roll dough on a cutting board. You should have 4 triangles. Pinch the edges together and gently stretch out the dough to make a square shape. Cut into 6 equal squares. Repeat with the remaining dough, making sure to work in batches of 4 triangles.
- Take the dough squares and press them into the prepared muffin trays. You want to make the dough into little cups.
- Once all 24 squares are in the muffin trays, place roughly 1 1/2 heaping tablespoon of the spinach artichoke mixture into each cup. The mixture should fill each cup to the top.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until crescent dough is golden brown. Remove from oven and run a knife along the edges of the cups to remove from pan.