Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a delicious and hearty breakfast that will leave you feeling full for hours. Easy to whip up on a busy morning, or enjoy it on a lazy Sunday. Either way you’ll love how tasty this recipe is.
Summer’s officially over in our household. Kids started school this week and man oh man am I exhausted. I forgot how busy school life is and that doesn’t even include after school activities. With school in full swing, this mom needs more breakfast options.
The hubby will normally have a PB & J every morning for breakfast. The kids go to breakfast is cereal of course, but they love when mom makes breakfast. My hubby and both kids love oatmeal. In fact their favorite oatmeal flavor is apples and cinnamon. With the kids not being able to eat whenever they want, I wanted them to have a delicious hearty breakfast.
Oats are a great for any meal. I love that they’re whole grain and filled with fiber. Bob’s Red Mill oats are roasted to give them that wholesome flavor. I knew with this baked oatmeal the family would be full for hours and hours. Head over to Bob’s Red Mill to get some coupons for their amazing oats!
I’ve made a few oatmeals on the blog, but this one is by far our favorite. I have a feeling this recipe will make a debut on our table weekly.
This baked oatmeal is perfect because you can get up in the morning throw everything into a baking dish then bake it while you get ready. Plus it smells like apple pie in your kitchen and who doesn’t want to start their day that way. I have never been so excited to eat breakfast!
The oatmeal turned out nice and soft but not mushy. I don’t like mushy oatmeal either. I need it to have some sort of texture. And get this…the apples were still crispy. Seriously. No joke! You can also add a little maple syrup to give it an extra oomph. I think you should plan on making this for tomorrows breakfast. You are missing out if you don’t.
Get the Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Old Fashion Oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond milk or any milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gala apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another medium size bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla. Add the melted butter slowly, whisking constantly.
- Pour the milk mixture into the oat mixture. Add apples and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the oats have set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Pingback: Almond Berry Baked Oatmeal - My Kitchen Craze