Watch as these succulent shrimp in vodka sauce come together in perfect penne pasta harmony within 30 minutes.
Can you believe it’s February already? Where is the time going?
As you all know with the new month comes the monthly 30 minute Thursday meals. Today you’re going to find not only my recipe, but nine other 30 minute meals from my food blogger friends. Awesome!!
Aren’t we nice? Everyone is busy these days and as food bloggers we totally get it. We would like to make your job a little easier and give you some easy, throw together meals. The evening should be about family and relaxing. Not stressing out about what’s for dinner. So, here you go!
As for my recipe today, it’s a family favorite in our house. I have a confession to make though. I don’t cook fish in our home. That job goes to my wonderful husband. Actually if we’re being really honest here, I don’t normally cook any meat in our home. Beside the normal ground turkey and such, he’s the meat guy. I just have this thing with meat and he makes it look so simple. Thanks babe!
He sautéed these gorgeous shrimps in some butter, garlic and red chili flakes. They were delicious. I could have eaten just shrimp. Yum! But once the the vodka sauce and penne pasta is made, everything comes together beautifully.
I normally always cut the shrimp into small pieces once I toss the vodka sauce and pasta together. I wanted you all to see how succulent these shrimps looked so I kept them whole for the photographs.
The best part about this recipe is it takes 30 minutes start to finish. I do suggest having all of your ingredients out and ready. Plus you will need to multi-task, but if you do as I say, then you will have a gorgeous and delicious meal on your table in no time at all.
Hope you all enjoy this 30 minute Thursday. We’ll see you again in March for some more 30 minute meals!
Shrimp and Vodka Penne Pasta
- 1 16 ounce penne pasta
- 8-10 jumbo shrimp
- Sprinkle of salt and paprika for shrimp
- 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes, more if you want it spicier
- 2/3 cups vodka
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, drain and place back in large pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add the shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes, making sure not to move or stir shrimp. This will ensure that your shrimp gets a nice roasted texture. Then turn shrimp over to the other side. Cook for additional 5 minutes, following the same steps listed above. Once the shrimp is cooked, add the garlic and red chili flakes. Toss to coat and cook for additional 1-2 minutes. Remove shrimp to small bowl.
- Add the remanning tablespoon of butter and vodka to the same skillet. Cook until vodka cooks down and is reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and half and half. Simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sauce the pasta and stir to coat. Then add the Parmesan cheese, shrimp and basil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Baked Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup by Kristine’s Kitchen
One Pot Pizza Gnocchi Pasta by Savory Nothings
30-Minute Cheesy Mexican Rice Skillet by Flavor the Moments
Skinny Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Pasta by Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry with Orange by Floating Kitchen
One Pot BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Rice by The Recipe Rebel
Kale Pesto Pasta with Tofu by She Likes Food
Garlic Butter Monte Cristo Pull-Apart Sliders by Whole and Heavenly Oven