Easy Cheese Ball ~ Need a quick appetizer for a upcoming party or a special event? Then you need to make this Easy Cheese Ball. Perfect with crackers and meats. This appetizer will be the hit of the party!
Since most of the holidays are over and everyone is still in healthy eating mode, I thought it was the perfect time to share this delicious cheese ball. Haha! Not really, but Memorial Day’s coming up, so I wanted everyone to have this recipe by than.
Cheese Balls are always a hit at our family gatherings. Someone always brings a cheese ball with some crackers and summer sausage. We would munch on that while hanging out, watching football or waiting for the food to be ready. Honestly I never knew you could make your own cheese ball.
It’s one of the many perks of having a food blog. Every so often I’ll goggle recipes for some inspiration and that’s how this cheese ball came to be. Once I started searching on how to make a cheese ball, I realized how easy they were to make. That was two years ago.
I’ve know made this cheese ball a dozen times and I also came up with this Spicy Cheese Ball. My dad raves about it and it’s the number 1 recipe on my blog for very good reason. This cheese ball is super easy and tastes amazing.
The longest process for this recipe is waiting for the cream cheese to soften. Once the cheese is at room temp, just add everything to a large bowl or a stand mixer (it’s easier this way in my opinion) and mix away. Then place the cream cheese ball into some saran wrap, seal tightly and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Once the cheese has time to harden and set that’s where the nuts come into play. You can use whatever type of nuts you’d like but I always love using almonds. I buy the prepackaged sliced almonds and use those. Turns out amazing every time!
I can’t express enough how delicious this cheese ball is. If you’re having a party, wine night with the girls or just hanging out at home and want something to snack on, then this Easy Cheese Ball is it. It’ll be the hit of your party and everyone will be begging you for the recipe. Enjoy!
Added a how to video and updated photos on May 16, 2017.
Easy Cheese Ball
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup almonds, crushed
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add the next 6 ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Ladle the cream cheese mixture onto some foil or saran wrap. Fold in the sides of the foil/saran wrap and form into a ball. Once it's in a ball make sure to cover the ball completely.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Using your hands, press the crushed almonds all around the cream cheese ball. Pressing the almonds in so they will stick.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- You can easily double this recipe to make a bigger cheese ball, if needed.
- Make sure you keep the cheese ball wrapped and refrigerated while not eating. This cheese ball will last 3-4 days in your fridge.