30 Minute Shrimp Scampi + a Recipe Video
30 Minute Shrimp Scampi is fast becoming a favorite in our house. With only 10 ingredients (which most are spices that you most likely will have in your pantry) and 30 minutes, you can have a fresh and delicious meal on your dinner table!
Head to to bottom of the post for the video and recipe!
I know I always say this, but there goes March. WOW that was a fast one for me. I feel like I was just typing up last month 30 Minute Thursday and here we are onto the next one.
I have to say I’m pretty excited about April this month. For one I just got back from a fulfilled Food Blogging Conference, it’s Easter month, also my mom and mother-in-law’s birthdays and the kids only have about 8 weeks of school left. YAY!! Gonna be a good month, I can feel it! 🙂
This month I want to make sure to get out and enjoy the weather more! Come May’s 30 Minute Thursday I know I’ll be complaining to you all about the weather. I’ll try really hard not to complain, but I know I won’t. Sorry in advance.
No complaining as of yet, so let’s move on to this month 30 Minute Thursday meals. As you all know, my fellow food blogger friends and I make a bunch of delicious dinner recipes you can make in under 30 minutes. We all realize how hectic life can get at times and sometimes you just need something quick and easy for dinner.
This month I’m sharing one of my families (I should say hubby and son since my little girl doesn’t like non-fried shrimp) favorite and go to recipe. I can’t tell you how simple this recipe is.
I think the hardest part about this recipe is boiling the pasta. Most of the ingredients are spices in your pantry. You only need two pots too. One for the pasta and the other one for the sauce and shrimp. We also make this pasta spicy. Since my daughter doesn’t eat it, we can add as much red pepper flakes as we like and let me tell you that is a lot.
Be sure to grab a side salad, some french bread and some wine from the bottle you just used and you’ll really enjoy this yummy Shrimp Scampi.
Happy April and remember to head over to check out everyones 30 Minute Thursday meals!
Watch the video to see how easy and quick this recipe is!
Get the Recipe: 30 Minute Shrimp Scampi
- 8 ounces 1/2 of a 1 pound box spaghetti
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, cubed
- 2 small shallots, about 1/2 cup, diced
- 4 fresh cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 small lemon, juiced, about 2 tablespoon or more if wanted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Using a large soup pot, cook pasta according to package details. Once cooked run cold water over them, drizzle with olive oil; set aside.
- Place shrimp and spices in a medium bowl. Stir to combine; set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add in the shallots and cook 3 minutes. Add in garlic and cook additional 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp to butter mixture. Stirring constantly, cook 4-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Stir in wine, 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice and bring to a small boil. Boil for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Mix shrimp with prepared pasta in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Rice from The Recipe Rebel
30 Minute Pad Thai from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Arugula and Prosciutto Puff Pastry Pizza from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Savory Waffles with Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower from Floating Kitchen
Crispy Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos from She Likes Food
20 Minute Healthy Taco Salad from Kristine’s Kitchen
30 Minute Skillet Pasta Primavera from Flavor the Moments
Hooray for April! Sounds like you’ll have a great month! Shrimp scampi is one of my favorite dishes, so I’m loving your 30 minute version! It’s been way too long since I’ve made shrimp, so I’ll have to try this out. Sounds like a delicious meal for my husband and I!
Thanks Gayle!! I think you’ll love this recipe. So simple and flavorful! Let me know if you give it a try and Happy warm April to you! <3
I feel like I say “where did that month go” at the end of every month these days. Maybe it’s my old age (lol) or something. But gosh, the days are just whipping by! I always think of shrimp scampi as a perfect Springtime meal. The lemon really makes it pop!
I feel you Liz. I do this every month too! I with you on the old age too, hehe. Thanks! The lemon does add such a great pop of flavor! 🙂
This year is FLYING but I’m totally embracing spring and looking forward to summer! I love this fresh delicious dish with all that lemony flavor, and that shrimp looks so juicy. I never made shrimp scampi and I’m going to give this a try!
Thanks Marcie! I can’t believe time is flying by either, but I love Spring so i’m happy it’s here! 🙂 Hope you try this recipe! It’s so light, fresh and yummy!
Haha, I always say the same thing! And now it’s almost May! I love all the lemons in here!! I haven’t ever cooked my husband shrimp before but I’m thinking he would love this meal!
Wow, this recipe looks very delicious. I can’t wait now to prepare it as Shrimp recipes are loved by me and my family as well. Share such more healthy seafood recipes.