This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGreats #CollectiveBias
Spicy Cheese Ball is loaded with cream cheese, spices, jalapeños, shredded cheeses & fresh veggies. This is one cheese ball bundled with rich creamy goodness!
Football is in full swing and my father is driving me crazy. Shh don’t tell him I said that. He’s football obsessed you guys. Now I like my fair share of football, but this man can watch it 24/7. No joke. They were over a few weeks ago and we watched college football Saturday night. Then get this, they left our house at 8am because they wanted to be home in time to watch his pro-football team.
As I said in a previous post, I’m all about the food on football Sunday. Specifically the appetizers and small bites. I love to snack and cheer on the team from the kitchen. I really enjoy watching football at the stadium, but when we have to stay home and watch it on TV, it’s all about the food.
While I was shopping at Smiths grocery store a few weeks ago, I knew I needed to make some fun appetizers and snacks for my dad and family. Since we’re a huge Coca-Cola family, I knew I had to have those chilled and ready to go. I also decided to make a spicy cheese ball. I knew my dad would devour it and love it. I served the cheese ball with RITZ and Wheat Thins, which are our favorite crackers.
If I’m being honest with you, I look forward to Football Sunday’s because it brings my friends and family together. We always have a blast together. This cheese ball just adds to the fun! Back when I was younger my family and I would always buy the small pre-made cheese balls at the grocery store. I still love them, but man oh man it doesn’t compare to a fresh cheese ball.
This cheese ball is super easy to whip up for game day, a party or just because. You can make it the morning of your party or the day before. I personally like to make it the day before. I feel like the flavors blend together and it makes the cheese ball taste way better.
You can also make this cheese ball as spicy as you like. The first time I made this I was hesitant to go to spicy. I wanted to make sure I could eat it. Well…it ended up not being spicy enough. So the second time I made it, I ended up adding two jalapeños and boy oh boy was it yummy. I can’t tell you how delicious this cheese ball is.
Pair this Spicy Cheese Ball with RITZ , Wheat Thins and a big bottle of Coca-Cola. You’re going to have yourself one perfect appetizer for game day! Now let’s get back to football & enjoy our family time. Oh, I almost forgot, you can find you local Kroger store here to purchase all of your yummy ingredients and Coca-Cola!
Spicy Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped and 1/4 cup saved for topping
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and 2 tablespoon save for topping
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- serve with: RITZ, Wheat Thins & Coca-Cola
- Using your stand mixer or handheld mixer, mix together first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until smooth & creamy.
- Form into a ball inside the bowl. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- Mix the almonds, walnuts, remaining green onions and jalapeños in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture all around the cheese ball.
- Place ball into saran wrap, cover and shape into a round ball or desired shape.
- Place in the refrigerator for minimum 3 hours or over night.
- Serve RITZ, Wheat Thins and some bottles of Coca-Cola.