Happy Friday! Yay! Weekend here we come! Today concludes Breakfast week. I hope you enjoyed all the yummy recipes I shared with you this week.
I tried to change it up with a healthy breakfast, a hearty fun taco breakfast, then a sweet breakfast. Today I’m bringing you a delicious and super easy breakfast casserole.
This dish comes together quickly and will be on your table in no time at all. You know those weekend days you wake up and don’t know what you want for breakfast. You know that you’re sick of your every day butter and toast, or granola bars. You know that you want something hearty, but you also don’t have all day to be in the kitchen.
If that’s the case, then you need to make this Breakfast Casserole. It’s seriously so versatile. You can really add any ingredients you want or have on hand. The main ingredient you’ll need of course are eggs.
When I came up with this dish I had a few veggies in the fridge that needed to be used. I also had a pound of turkey sausage in the freezer that was calling my name. This casserole has everything you need for your morning. It has meat, potatoes, vegetables, and even dairy. In my book that’s one excellent meal. This dish is sure to get you going in the morning and will keep you full for a good while.
Happy Weekend! 🙂
Get the Recipe: Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound ground turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can, 7 oz chopped chiles
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 7 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pieces of bacon, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- garnish, avocados, hot sauce, salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Brown turkey sausage and onion in a skillet until crumbly and cooked through. Drain and add back to the skillet. Add bell peppers and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove meat mixture to a large bowl. Add canned chiles, 1 cup shredded cheese and mix throughly.
- In a medium bowl add potatoes and cover with water. Set bowl in the microwave and cover. Microwave for 5-8 minutes,or until tender. Drain and place in the large bowl with the meat mixture. Mix everything together.
- In a large bowl add eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
- Place meat mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake casserole for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are set and firm.
- Serve with green onions, avocados and hot sauce. Enjoy!
So, I totally have all of the ingredients for this. This is going to definitely be on my to-do list this weekend. I love how easy it is to assemble and I bet the leftovers are just as good as the day-of dish!
Thank you Erin! I hope you like it and it turns out delicious! 😉
Hooray for Friday! What a great dish to end the week with! I’ve been loving all of your breakfast recipes, Cyndi! This casserole looks fantastic! I love the peppers and bacon in here. Looks perfect! Pinned! Hope you have a great weekend!
Aww thanks Gayle! Hope you have an awesome weekend too!! <3
I’m not generally a fan of breakfast casseroles, but this one looks great! I will definitely have to try it! Pinned!
I wasn’t a fun either Stacey, but this casserole was so good. Thank you!!
This breakfast casserole looks perfect for this weekend! I love how easy it comes together and all the veggies and bacon sound fantastic!
Thank you Kelly!
Loving your breakfast recipes this week Cyndi! This casserole looks amazing! Perfect for a weekend breakfast! Pinned!
Thanks Mira! And thank you for the pinning love! 😉
I LOVE using ground turkey in breakfast recipes. This breakfast casserole is perfect! Pinned!
Thank you Mariah!! 🙂
Do I ever need to mix up my buttered toast routine…it is so boring! This breakfast casserole looks delicious and it looks like it comes together pretty quickly!
Thank you Denise! I get sick of my toast and butter too. 😉
I’m kind of obsessed with breakfast and eggs — I have a total hankering for this right now! And I love that you used real potatoes instead of hasbrowns!
Thanks Ashley! I’m obsessed with breakfast foods too.
haha yup I was totally sick of my normal smoothie this morning but couldn’t think of what to make! This would have solved my dilemma 🙂
Thank you Ashley! 🙂
I love breakfast casserole! And I always love to top it with extra avocado!
Me too Ashley!! Avocado and breakfast casseroles go hand in hand right?
This look so good. Something that can be tossed together quickly and then enjoyed. I love recipes like that…and I happen to have some turkey sausage in the freezer.
Thank you Michelle!
Wish I had this breakfast casserole this morning.. it looks like the ideal hearty, comfort dish – perfect for the cool Autumn weather we have here in Australia now.
Thank you Thalia!
This casserole is calling my name! My wife and I love these type of meals. 😉
Thank you Sean! I hope you and your wife enjoy this dish.
breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day, and I love when you can just throw everything into one pan and call it done. Perfect way to use up all those leftover veggies!
COuldn’t agree more Allyson! 😉
The ingredients list says ground turkey but then the instructions call for ground turkey sausage.
Hi Jen! I used ground turkey breakfast sausage, but you could use whatever you like. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Pingback: Apple Pecan Baked Oatmeal - My Kitchen Craze
Pingback: Blueberry Baked French Toast - My Kitchen Craze
Pingback: Chorizo Breakfast Tacos - My Kitchen Craze
Pingback: Chorizo Breakfast Tacos Recipe - Julie's Eats & Treats