Strawberry Tiramisu is moist pound cake, layered with jam, strawberries, mascarpone cheese and cool whip. This recipe is a fun twist on your regular tiramisu. Perfect for a gorgeous spring day and mother’s day coming up.
Can you believe that I’m making desserts for Mother’s Day already? I can’t, but I’m going with the flow these days. No more stressing about where time is going. I’m going to enjoy it day by day. Being a food blogger I’m always trying to stay ahead of the holidays. Why you ask? So I can bring you a recipe that you can make/enjoy on that holiday. See how nice I am. 🙂
I wanted to make a dessert that would be perfect for Mother’s Day, but not keep you in the kitchen forever. When I think of Mother’s Day, I think of spring and when I think of spring, I think of strawberries.
Since I love tiramisu I thought why not make a fun tiramisu dessert. It’s a know fact the I love everything about it. The coffee flavor to the creamy mascarpone cheese to the soft lady finger cookies. It’s just all a delicious combination for me.
I wanted to create a fun twist on tiramisu, I knew I needed to use strawberries. I didn’t want to gross out anyone with this recipe by adding coffee, (coffee and strawberries don’t go together in my book) I knew that I needed to use a softer moister cake. I used Sara Lee Pound Cake because seriously is there anything better than Sara Lee Desserts? I also used Cool Whip Whipped Topping to save time and plus this whipped topping is the best out there.
You guys, these combinations plus the mascarpone cheese worked perfectly together. This tiramisu came together within no time at all. I can’t tell you how amazingly delicious this dessert was and how easy it is to make. I think the hardest part is letting it sit for 3 hours. You have to make sure to let it sit or the flavors won’t marry.
Keeping Sara Lee desserts and Cool Whip Whipped Topping in your freezer are the perfect way to be prepared for easy entertaining and Mother’s Day. Also did you know that Cool Whip is celebrating its 50th Anniversary in May 2016. How fun huh?
Make this recipe for Mother’s Day or your someone special. Make sure to grab a slice because this tiramisu won’t last long. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out Sara Lee Desserts and Cool Whip Whipped Topping next time you’re at the store. You can find Sara Lee Desserts and Cool Whip Whipped Topping products in the frozen foods section at your local Wal-Mart.
- 1 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jelly
- 6 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip
- 1 1/2 packages Sara Lee pound cake, cut into rectangular pieces
- 3 -4 cups strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl mix jam and 5 tbsp liqueur in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together mascapone cheese and 2 tablespoon liqueur. Fold in cool whip and set aside.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with half of the pound cake. Spread half of the jam mixture over the pound cake. Spread half of the mascarpone cheese mixture over the jam mixture. Cover with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Repeat layering with the remaining pound cake, jam and mascarpone cheese mixture. Ending with the remaining sliced strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into square, serve and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.