I’ve always wanted to be that mom that wakes up early and makes this amazing egg breakfast before the kids went off to school, but in reality I’m not. I don’t think it’s because I’m lazy (maybe I’m making excuses for myself). It’s that I love to sleep in my comfy bed and hate early mornings. I will be the first to admit that my family and I are not morning people. My mom is the type of person that gets up around 6:30ish and has 4 loads of laundry done, 3 cups of coffee drank and her phone conference all done by 10:00am, just when I’m rolling out of bed.
My kids know that when dads off work that they let us sleep at least until 9:00am and they are really good about it. So this morning I was up bright and early (I know, I was just as shocked) and I thought that I would be Susie home maker.. I was super exited. Do any of you get excited about cooking something new for your family? I do and I love it!!! Plus isn’t breakfast the most important meal of the day?
I think my husband and son were in shock that they got to have eggs before work & school and didn’t have to have their normal pb&j or cereal. I know I’m a bad mom & wife, I really should get my butt out of bed so they can have a more healthier breakfast in the mornings. Sorry guys. Hope you all enjoy this as much as they did. 🙂
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped including white
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 4-5 slices turkey bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (I only sprayed the tins I was going to use, don’t want to waste).
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and add baking powder, salt and pepper. Make sure all ingredients are mixed together. Add cheese, scallions, bell pepper and bacon to muffin tins. Mix mixture with a fork or spoon. Pour the egg mixture into muffin tins until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, until eggs rise and sides are slightly browned (don’t over cook or the egg muffins become chewy and dry). Enjoy!