Need a meal that will be on the table within 30 minutes? This tuna casserole needs to be one of your go to meals. Perfect for those busy nights you don’t want to be in the kitchen.
Do you have a recipe that you remember eating as a kid and no matter what, that dish always reminds you of being little again. That’s this dish for me. Not sure why, but Tuna Casserole was a staple in our house as I was growing up.
I remember being little and thinking that this dish was the bomb.com. Yes I said bomb.com. But come on I was a kid and loved tuna casserole. Fast forward 10 years and still till this day it reminds me of home.
When I got married I remembering asking my mom for the recipe. Her response was “Honey it’s just egg noodles, tuna cans, cream of mushroom soup and ruffles chips. Mix, bake and your set. Oh don’t forget the side of sliced tomatoes.” Okay, that seemed easy enough. So I set out to make it.
I made it that way for years, but then I changed the soup mixtures, added more vegetables and added in some french onions . Now I think my tuna casserole is the adult version of bomb.com. But no matter what I add or take away from this recipe, it will always remind me of home. Do you have a favorite childhood dish?
Next time you’re pressed for time, or just need something quick to throw together, make this recipe. It takes minutes to throw together and tastes amazing! Oh and don’t forget the side of sliced tomatoes to go with it. If you are feeling adventurous too, sprinkle some sugar on top of the tomatoes. Sounds funny I know, but it’s so good. Seriously the best!
Also don’t forget today is the first Thursday of the month and you know what that means? Yep, it’s 30 Minute Thursday! Yay!! Be sure to check out everyones recipes and make sure to pin them for later. Everyone always needs a 30 minute meal. Also here are my past 30 minute Thursday meals. Check ’em out!
- 1( 12 oz) wide egg noodles
- 2 cans (12 oz) tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of celery
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetable blend
- 1 cup ruffles chip and/or french fried onions, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Boil water in a large soup pot. Once water is at a rapid bowl cook noodles according to package.
- Drain and set in a large bowl.
- Add tuna, cream of celery, cream of mushroom, milk, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Add in the frozen vegetables, cooked noddles and mix together.
- Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle crushed chips and french onions over the casserole mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until chips/fried onions are crispy and starting to brown.