Have you ever made you’re own Spanish Rice? If not then you need to try this recipe ASAP! It’s easy to whip together and taste delicious!
I’m sharing a recipe with you all that I’ve been using for some time now and never realized how simple it was to make, until I made it.
Enter Spanish Rice.
I’ve always used boxed rice and was perfectly content with my boxed rice because I could never find something that tasted as good. The few recipes I’ve tried were always to bland or tasted nothing like Spanish rice. I’m pretty particular as you can tell.
Well all of that changed. I found a recipe that’s not only delicious and I love to make it over and over again. I’ve added my own Cyndi flair and changed it up a little bit, but over all its the BEST Spanish Rice ever. I know there are a ton of recipes out there that are amazing and it’s all about personal opinions, but for me and my blog, this recipes just speaks to me.
This Spanish Rice fits the bill, friends! I urge you to make it. It’s that good. Head to the bottom of this post for the recipe.
Okay, okay enough about food. It’s giveaway time! I’ve teamed up with some incredible bloggers for Jacqueline at Go Go Go Gourmet’s 30th Birthday and her first ever giveaway. Let’s all wish Jacqueline a Happy Birthday! We’re bringing you an awesome giveaway today! You have a chance to win a Zwilling Pro Starter Knife Set, a $250 Value. Sounds amazing, right? Enter below and good luck!
The more blogger social media outlets you follow, the more bonus entires you’ll receive. So make sure to follow away! Good luck everyone!!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes with chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a deep skillet add 1 tablespoon oil and bring to a medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Sauté until tender, about 6 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Remove vegetable mixture to a small bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to the warm skillet, then add uncooked rice. Sauté rice until browned.
- Add the vegetable mixture and drained Rotel tomatoes back to the skillet; mixing well. Add the chicken stock, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 30 minutes. Don't open or touch the lid within the 30 minutes. The rice needs the steam to cook properly.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5-10 minutes, then serve.