Pineapple Upside Down Cake + a Recipe Video
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is one of the best cakes I’ve ever eaten! It’s moist, delicious and all homemade! No cake box needed in this recipe. This cake is screaming make me!
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is perfect for any occasion. Birthdays, holidays or even a anniversary. But if you’re like me and love to have dessert every night, then this cake’s for you!!
Can I tell you something? I’m not a huge cake person. Eeek, I know, I know that’s horrible right?
Sure I like cake, but I don’t have the patience making them. I’m a
little bit big perfectionist and when my cake doesn’t turn out perfect, it bums me out. Like sad and upset all at once.
What I should realize is cakes don’t need to be perfect. They look and taste great no matter what, but me being me need them to look like Martha Stewart just whipped it up in the kitchen. 😉
With that being said, this Pineapple Upside Down Cake is perfect because it requires no frosting and very little time. Also you cover it with pineapples, cherries and brown sugar. So it doesn’t need to be perfect. It’s great for my crazy brain.
This cake is so moist and all homemade. YAY!!
The pineapple rings add great flavor and make this cake. It’s also very moist and delicious!! Topped with a brown sugar coating and maraschino cherries. Makes for one amazingly yummy cake.
I love the fact that you make everything from scratch. I’m not opposed to using a cake mix, but you know that feeling of making something from scratch and how awesome you feel when the family eats it and say it’s amazing. Yeah you’ll totally get that with this recipe.
Get the Recipe: Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 20 oz can pineapple slices in 100% juice, not drained
- 13 maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9-inch cake pan place melted butter. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter.
- Take 7 pineapple slices and cut them in half. Place one the pineapple slices in and around the pan. Place the maraschino cherries in the center of the pineapple slices.
- In a medium bowl add, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in milk, pineapple juice and vanilla extract. Then add the eggs, making sure to mix until incorporated.
- With the stand mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture. Mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Place into preheated oven and bake 40-45 minutes. The cake is done when toothpick entered in the center comes out with few crumbs. Also I always place a baking sheet under my cake pan because the juices from the cake will ooze out sometimes.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool on stove for about 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges of the cake pan to release. Take a serving plate/dish and upside down over cake pan; turn plate and pan over.
- Leave the pan over the cake for a few minutes, so all the brown sugar can run over the cake.
- Remove pan and let sit 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
I’ve actually never made an upside down cake before. Definitely need to change that! This is so pretty!
You have to make it Stacey! It is my #1 go to cake. 😉 Thank you sweetie!
I adore pineapple upside down cake and agree, when a cake doesn’t turn out perfectly, it irritates me. This, however, this cake is pure perfection. It looks so moist and caramelly. I love it!
Aww thank you Christiane! 😉 I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one annoyed with imperfect cakes. 🙂
What a gorgeous cake and it looks delicious.
Thank you Meagan!! 😉
This is my favorite cake ever Cyndi!! During my India trip this time, I made this cake 8 times in 3 weeks haha…everyone wanted me to make this all the time. It’s so simple and so delicious! Yours look perfect! 🙂
Haha that’s funny Manali. It was something new and they loved it! That was sweet of you! Thank you friend! 😉
Simply perfect! I love a good classic like this! It looks amazing!
Thank you Annie.
Your cake is so beautiful! Pineapple upside down cake is an all-time favorite!
Thanks for you sweet words Alida! 😉
This is my favorite cake of all time! It’s such a simple classic and it’s always the perfect treat!
I totally agree Jen! Love this darn cake! 😉
I’m not a big cake person either, but I could definitely go for a slice (or three) of this! It looks so gorgeous, Cyndi! Definitely a perfect dessert to remind me of warmer days that are ahead of us. I love how easy this is to whip up. And it’s such a pretty color, too! Pinned!
Thank you Gayle! It is super easy to throw together! Thanks for the pin friend! 😉
I ADORE pineapple upside down cake so much! So classic and sweet and yummy! Trust me, when you love it, cake is such a hard habit to break! 🙂 Beautiful!
Haha!! I am more of a bar/brownie girl and I feel yea, I can never stop myself from eating them. I get myself in so much trouble. Thanks of stopping by! 😉
I have never made or tried pineapple upside down cake. Crazy, huh? I guess I need to start now with this recipe. It looks perfect, I love moist cakes!
Oh my goodness Ashley!! You need to make this cake asap! It’s so easy compared to those beautiful desserts you make. This will be a easy peasy. Thanks sweetie!
I’m all about bringing on spring with delicious desserts like this. There is nothing better than an old fashion pineapple upside down cake!
Couldn’t agree with you more Julie! 😉
What a simple yet beautiful cake. It’s one of my favorites precisely for that – easy to make but always a huge hit amongts family or guests. Well done!
Thank you Oana!
Pineapple upside down cake is one of my all time favorite desserts! Pinned!
It’s one of mine too Mariah! Thanks for pinning! 😉
this looks amazing! gotta make these asap!
Pingback: Upside Down | The Bee's Pyjamas
Pingback: 30+ Berrylicious Desserts - Pumpkin 'N Spice