Greek Salad is perfect with any main dish. Throw it together and have a delicious side within minutes!
You guys…I can not believe it’s already June? Seriously where has the time gone??
The kids are into their second week of summer break and we’re also in full swing of the Vegas heat. Yep, it totally sucks at our house right now. Today the high is suppose to be 110.
Can you believe that? Cause no matter how long I live in the desert, I never get used to this darn heat.
When the summer heat and school break starts, so does the grill. I know that seems silly because it’s so hot outside, but grilling it so much cooler and faster than turning on the stove and oven. When ever we grill chicken or fish, I always want an easy side dish.
Something that comes together quickly and tastes light and fresh.
I’ve made this Greek Salad so many times that I’ve lost count these days. It’s one of those recipes you just make because it’s easy and quick. I honestly never thought to blog or share it with you guys. But one day my hubby asked me if this was on the blog because he wanted to share it with his co-workers.
I thought, “Ummm no.” Than decide to change that asap!
This recipe is quick, easy and so delicious! Takes only a handful of ingredients and tastes so fresh that everyone will ask for seconds. Everyone needs a quick and amazing recipe like this one! Especially during the hot summer months. 🙂
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (4 oz) black olives, drained
- In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, and onion.
- In a large glass bowl or measuring cup add oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over veggies and mix.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and olives over salad.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.