Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies are insanely good and so addicting. These are a copy cat version of the popular Girl Scout cookie. They are easy to make, taste delicious and you don’t have to wait a year to have them!
I’m obsessed with Girl Scout Cookies. In fact I could eat a whole box all by myself. Who can’t though, right? This year I patiently waited for them to show up at our local grocery store. I always end up buying 5-10 boxes. I ridiculous how much I love those darn cookies. I think I gain 10 pounds and finish the boxes within two days. Well the kids and hubby help out too.
Well…this year the Girl Scouts weren’t at the grocery store as often. In fact Sean and I only saw them out there once and they were low on cookies. In fact they were sold out in a lot of flavors. We didn’t even get a chance to get Thin Mints this year. Can you believe it? I was so bummer.
That got me thinking that I need to re-create the famous Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. That way I wouldn’t have to wait a whole year to enjoy them and I could get my fix.
I thought they would be a little difficult to make because doesn’t it feel like everything you love to eat is impossible to re-create. Well these cookies are not only delicious, but super easy to make. Score! They’re crunchy around the edges and soft in the center. Then filled with a creamy peanut butter filling.
If you missed out this year on buying your yearly supply of Girl Scout Cookies, have no fear you have a recipe for their popular Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. And if we’re being honest here, I think these ones are much better. Grab your peanut butter jar, stand mixer and go get busy. I promise you won’t regret it. Have fun!
Get the Recipe: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cups quick oats, make sure they are quick oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cookies: In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together in a stand or handheld mixer on high. Add sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat until mixture is fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls and use a lightly floured fork to flatten lightly. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between each cookie as they will spread a little.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Filling: Using your mixer, cream butter and peanut butter together. Add the powdered sugar and mix on high. Gradually add the cream until mixture is really thick and smooth. Set aside until later.
- When cookies are cool enough to handle, match each cookie halves with similar sized partners.
- Place a scoop of filling inside and use the other cookie to smash it to the edges.
- Do this to remaining cookies and enjoy!