I haven’t really been watching what I’ve been eating since moving to Vegas. So I decided that it’s time to get into shape and watch those calories. Have you ever noticed once you start watching those calories that you’re craving sweets All. The. Time!!
I’ve been going on Instagram for motivation lately and I’ve seen these little snack bites all over. Of course the ones I see are healthy and good for you, but come on that’s not what my blog is about. I’m about easy go to meals, in this case snacks. I honestly think if I had to cut sweets out of my diet, I’d get depressed. Seriously not joking.
What I’ve decided is to cut back on my calories and eat smaller meals. At least this way I could eat the same things I always eat, but smaller portions.
When I made these snack bites I wasn’t sure if the oatmeal was going to get soft. The only way I’ve only ever eaten oatmeal is warmed up, but I’m learning all these new ways you can eat old fashioned oats. It’s very exciting!! I hope you all enjoy these snack bites as much as I did.
No Bake Oatmeal Snack Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal, old fashioned
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini M&M's
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until mixed though.
- Refrigerate for one hour (this allows the ingredients to harden together and makes it easier to roll into balls).
- Once chilled roll oatmeal mixture into small size balls.
- Once rolled, refrigerate them in an air tight container.
- These bites can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Enjoy snack time!