This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterSweets #CollectiveBias
Festive and fun M&M’s Rice Krispie Flower Treats. Makes for a perfect Easter treat!!
Easter is quickly approaching and I wanted to share these easy and cute flower treats. Can you believe it’s March and Easter already? I’m pretty excited for the holiday this year. With Easter comes spring break and gorgeous weather. I’m ready to be outside again.
I’ve made these flower treats for a few years but I’ve never made them with M&M’s before. Last week when I was shopping at Target I found these yummy Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake, Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans, Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs plus let’s not forget Starburst Jellybeans and Easter M&M’s Milk Chocolate. Yum! I knew then that I had to add something to my Rice Krispie treats! They would taste so much better, don’t you think? I love all the easter stuff at Target too. It’s the best! Head over here to get a coupon forMARS Easter candy and here for Wrigley Easter candy.
When I created these Rice Krispie flower treats I wanted to make something special for the kids. I feel like anyone can make Rice Krispie treats. Those are a pice of cake but I wanted something clever and fun. That’s where these Rice Krispie flower treats where born. When I saw the Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake at Target I knew I had to use them in these treats. Plus how fun is it to eat a Rice Krispie treat decorated as a flower on a stick? Everything is better on a stick. Wouldn’t you agree?
The Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake give the treats such a delicious flavor. You’ll have left overs from cutting out your flowers and you won’t be able to stop eating the leftovers. You’ll want to eat every single crumb. Promise. The Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake are only sold for a limited time at Target, so I suggest you get on over there as soon as possible. Then rush home and make these!! 🙂
Remember these M&M’s Rice Krispie Flower Treats once Easter starts approaching. The kids will love them. Heck even the adults will love them. They’re just to irresistible.
M&M's Rice Krispie Flower Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/4 cup Easter M&M's White Strawberry Shortcake
- flower cookie cutout
- 2 large squares of vanilla and chocolate almond bark, melted
- Easter M&M's Milk Chocolate
- sparkling gel icing, assorted colors
- flower cookie cutout
- 12-15 6 " lollipop sticks
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Add Rice Krispie cereal to a large bowl. Using a food processor or mini chopper, add the Easter M&M's White Strawberry Shortcake and grind until most are small pieces. Add the candies to the cereal and mix well.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter. Once butter is melted add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Add melted marshmallows to the bowl of cereal and mix well.
- Pour mixture to prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Let sit for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Once set, cut Rice Krispie treats with the flower cookie cutout. Place on a cooling rack. Melt both vanilla and chocolate almond bark, then sprinkle over back side of flowers. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, or until chocolate is set.
- Decorate the front side of the flowers however you like with sparkling gel and Easter M&M's Milk Chocolate. Place stick in the center bottom of the Rice Krispie treat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Target Super Stores will be hosting a sampling event on March 20th. For more MARS and Wrigley fun stuff, head over here.