Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats
These Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect afternoon treat. They’re easy to make and taste delicious!
Happy Monday Friends. How was your weekend? Mine was great, thanks for asking. Can you believe that it’s almost summer? Where is the time going?
The kids only have 2 months left of school, then it’s summer time. I can not wait. But with summer break comes hungry kids. These Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect snack. The added sprinkles and white chocolate make them ah-mazing!!
The bad part about summers in Palm Springs is it gets to be 115 outside. Now if you’ve never dealt with 115 degree weather, then you are one lucky person. It gets so hot that you can’t even go outside for a second or you’ll dehydrate and burn. At least that’s what happens to me.
So we stay inside and find fun things to do…such as bake and make yummy dessert and treats. These Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect snack to bake with the kids. They’re easy and taste great!!
As summer is fast approaching, you got to find some easy and delicious recipes to make with the kiddos and this recipe is calling your name. The kids will love it. Heck even the adults will love it. Here’s to a great spring and summer!!
Get the Recipe: Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package, 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup multi-colored sprinkles
- 8 ounces 4 squares almond bark (white chocolate)
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl add Rice Krispies cereal and sprinkles. Mix well and set aside.
- Add butter to a medium sauce pan over medium high heat and melt. Once butter is melted, add marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and mix well with a wooden spoon or ladle.
- Pour cereal mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spray hands with non-cooking spray and pat Rice Krispies into an even layer.
- Let cool and harden 1 hour. Cut cooled Rice Krispies into squares.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the almond bark (white chocolate) and microwave in intervals of 30 seconds, about 2 minutes, making sure to stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip each Rice Krispie into melted white chocolate. Smooth with a spoon or your hands, then set upside so the white chocolate can harden. Repeat with remaining Rice Krispie squares.
- Rice Krispies will stay fresh in a airtight container for up to 3 days.
Cannot WAIT for summer. But then, I’m a teacher with 3 kids enrolled in summer camp!
And 115 degrees sounds great. Sorry…I love the heat. It doesn’t start getting even comfortable until we hit 85.
These look SO perfect for the kids! Fun and delicious!
Thank you Mir!!
These look great! Love that you dipped them in white chocolate too! Perfect treat for summer since no baking is required!
Thank you Stephanie! 🙂
Oh these funfetti treats look SO good, Cyndi! I’m such a sucker for anything funfett-flavored and throw in some rice krispies and I’m one happy girl! I love that you dipped these in white chocolate, too! How delicious is this?! I’m totally craving this now. Pinned! Happy Monday, friend!
Awww thanks Friend!! Hope your having a great week! 😉
Uh yum! I don’t make rice krispie treats NEARLY enough! these are too cute, Cyndi!
Oh Justine you need to change that asap! They are so easy and yummy! Thanks!
Rice crispy treats and white chocolate? So creative, love these! Pinned of course!
Thank you Mira!
While I have never experienced 115 degree weather I have experienced 100 degrees with 100% humidity. Neither sound fun! But these rice krispies are for sure!
Oh I don’t think I could deal with humidity. I would feel like I couldn’t breath. Thank you Meg!
Oh gosh! It doesn’t get that hot where I live – usually we only have 2 weeks where it’s too hot to go out during midday! These look like THE perfect treat!
We are looking forward to summer since our winters are super cold. Love these RK treats! No-bakes are perfect for the warmer weather and sprinkles make everything fun 🙂
Such a fun treat Cyndi and so colorful too! Bet kids will love these! And I have experienced more than 115 weather in Delhi every year growing up and we don’t even have central air conditioning there and top of it there’s power cut everyday for hours! haha the joys of growing up in a developing country!
These rice krispie treats look super fun and delicious!
These are just so fun! This week we are getting some warm weather again and I am loving it! So ready for summer 🙂
Those look great Cyndi, the kids would definitely love them! So colourful and fun!
Thank you Stacey!
Oh my gosh, I would melt into a puddle on the ground in 115 heat! These rice krispies treats are just too cute…perfect for the kids!
Thanks for understanding about this heat! 🙂 Thanks Denise!!
These rice krispie treats are so fun! Perfect for the kiddos. We lived in TX for 3 years and it would get up to 115 in the summer. And it was that dry heat that would make you feel like you were suffocating. I’m looking forward to seeing what TN summers are like, if it ever stays warm!
oohh I hope your summers are cooler. I don’t know what’s worse…snow or heat? Texas gets crazy hot too. Thanks sweetie! 🙂
I can never say no to rice krispie treats…especially ones with sprinkles!!! They look so fun!!!
Thank you Jocelyn!!
Pingback: 40+ School Lunch Ideas! - Julie's Eats & Treats
THIS IS FUN! #FUNFETTITIME