Chocolate Chip Tea Cake Cookies
Grab a cup of coffee, your favorite movie and some of these Chocolate Chip Tea Cake Cookies!! They’re flakey with the perfect hint of pecans & chocolate chips. You’re going to love them!
Today’s a special day for My Kitchen Craze! We got a make over!! YAY! I’m so excited and in love with my new site from Purr Designs. As you can see things changed quite a bit, so take a second and roam around. There are some things that still need to be tweaked, but I hope you love the new site as much as I do. Thanks Purr Designs!
Since it was a celebration sort of day, nothing says celebrate than cookies. I’m sharing one of my all time favorite cookies with you all. These cookies are not only my favorite, but only take 6 ingredients to make. So let’s get this show on the road and make some tea cake cookies.
Have you ever eaten tea cake cookies? If not then you’re missing out and you need to get your butt in the kitchen asap! My love for tea cake cookies started when I realized my love for scones. These cookies feel like a mixture of shortbread and scone. They have that flakey texture, but are chewy too. Then add in some pecans and you have my favorite cookie.
These tea cake cookies are super easy to make, so if you’re short on time, you can easily whip these up quickly. They don’t rise to much so you’ll want to press them down a little with the back of a spoon. But once these come of the oven, you won’t be able to keep your hands off. In fact when I made them I had to make myself a cup of coffee, grabbed 3 warm cookies then watched the new Homeland. It was my heaven! Now I’m craving coffee, 3 Chocolate Chip Tea Cake Cookies and a new Homeland show.
Make these cookies! You’ll love them. If you’re a flakey cookie kinda of person, then these will be your favorite too! 🙂
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Chip Tea Cake Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, 1 cup, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachments, beat butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add in vanilla extract. Gradually add in the flour and nuts.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 inch balls and placed on engrossed cookie sheet. With the back of a teaspoon, push down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes; or until light golden brown on the bottom and set. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then move to a wire rack until cooled completely.