Need something quick and light for dinner tonight? You need to make this easy, quick and delicious Chinese Chicken Salad. Made within minutes, this salad not only has great flavor, but a delicious sesame vinaigrette you’ll love!
Guess what time of the month it is guys? Yep you guessed right! It’s 30 minute meal Thursday. If you’re new to this, it’s where a bunch of my food blogger friends and I get together and bring you some delicious 30 minute meals. No matter the time of the year, there’s always a need for a quick meal. That’s where we come in.
If you’re new to our 30 minute meal Thursdays here’s the ones my friends and I’ve done in the past. Be sure to check out all the recipes. I know you’re going to love them.
Onto this months 30 minute meal. This recipe actually only takes 15-20 minutes…score! I wanted this month to be a light recipe. Since summer is in full swing and it’s super hot outside (like 115 hot) I wanted a recipe where you wouldn’t need to turn on your oven. All you need to do is cut up a bunch of vegetables, get a rotessire chicken from the grocery store, make a delicious sesame vinaigrette and BAM you have a delicious meal on your table.
I don’t know about you guys but there are nights that I don’t want to cook and need something quick and light. Especially when it’s hot outside or we’ve had a big breakfast or lunch. What I love about this salad are all the different flavors and vegetables. The vinaigrette is easy to whip up and has such great flavor with the sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic chili sauce. I could drink it, it’s that good.
Next time you need something light and quick, remember this Chinese Chicken Salad. It comes together within minutes and tastes so good. You’ll end your night with a full happy belly. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out all the recipes below in this months 30 Minute Meal Thursday!
- [b]Sesame Vinaigrette: [/b]
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 2 cups rotessire chicken, shredded into big chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup red and green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup snow peas, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (11 oz) can Mandarin oranges in light syrup, drain and rinse with water
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- [b]Sesame Vinaigrette: [/b] Add all ingredients to a dressing shaker or small glass with a lid. Shake vigorously; set aside.
- [b]Salad:[/b] Add chicken, soy sauce and sesame seed oil to a small bowl. Stir to combine; set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, cabbage, onions, snow peas, cilantro and carrots. Mix to combine.
- Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and toss.
- Once you plate the salad, top with almonds, mandarin oranges and chow mein noodles. Drizzle with more vinaigrette, if needed.
- Eat & Enjoy
Kale Pesto Zucchini Noodles and Salmon from Kristine’s Kitchen
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp Salad from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Asian Sesame Steak Fajita Salad from Life Made Sweeter
Summer Fettuccine Alfredo with Bursting Tomatoes + Charred Corn from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Broccolini Veggie Dogs from Floating Kitchen
Honey Garlic Turkey Sloppy Joes from The Recipe Rebel
Mushroom Lentil Bruschetta Burger from Sweet Peas & Saffron