Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Have you ever walked into a coffee shop and see those delicious muffins, cakes, scones and croissants? Ever wonder why you can’t make your pastries look like that? Now you can.
I always thought you needed to have an industrial kitchen to make those yummy pastries. Boy was I wrong. I wanted to make something for Sean’s work (who doesn’t love to make goodies for their hubby’s work) and I knew these muffins would be a nice treat for their morning meetings.
I’ve made a ton of blueberry muffins in my day. If I’m being honest here, all the recipes I’ve made have been so so. They just lacked that coffee shop look and taste. You all know what I’m talking about. I wanted that fluffy, flakey moist gorgeous muffin that you pay $5 bucks for.
I knew I had that $5 dollar muffin the instant I ate these babies. OH MY GOSH you guys! These muffins are so good and Sean’s work loved them. They not only tasted amazing, but they looked phenomenal! Sean came home that night and said that they were gone in 2 seconds.
One of his co-workers was on a diet and decided that she was going to share a muffin, but once she started eating it she didn’t want to share. That’s the biggest compliment someone can give. I love making desserts and I love when people like them as much as I do.
Now you need to get into that kitchen of yours and give these Blueberry Crumb Muffins a try. I promise you, once you try these you’ll be making them over and over. You might even share them once in a while! Enjoy!
Get the Recipe: Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tray with muffin cups. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk well. In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, mix together on medium-high speed, the butter and granulated sugar for 4-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until the egg is incorporated before adding the next one. Then beat in the vanilla.
- Add milk, alternating it with the dry ingredients in two or three batches. Make sure not to over mix. Fold in the blueberries using a spatula. To make crumb topping, mix together the butter, sugars, cinnamon, salt and flour. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full. Top each muffin with a generous tablespoon of the crumb topping. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool slightly in the muffin tray, then remove to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Those are gorgeous muffins!
Pingback: Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes - My Kitchen Craze
It’s SO hard for me to resist those giant muffins whenever I walk into a coffee shop! But if I had these babies, I think I could glide right past them. I love the crumb topping, Cyndi! And blueberries are such a classic. Looks like the perfect treat to go alongside my morning cup of coffee!
I love these muffins! They are so pretty and look tasty. I can never resist a giant blueberry muffin!!
these muffins are gorgeous Cyndi! Pinned!
Love the healthy dose of crumb on these muffins- delicious!
These look like the perfect bakery muffin! You can never go wrong with juicy blueberries and a nice thick layer of crumb 🙂 Pinned!
These definitely look like they came straight from a bakery! You can’t beat a soft, blueberry muffin with a crumb topping!
Blueberry muffins are maybe my favourite kind of muffin there is, which is saying something since I love making muffins and make a new kind every week! These ones look just perfect and I’m not surprised that they went instantly when given away! That crumb topping – yum!
Found this recipe on Pinterest years ago, and finally got around to making these muffins. They have quickly become my family’s favorite. They are delicious, and the crumb top really makes them something special. Thank you for the recipe!
Hi Natalie! Your comment made my day! So happy to hear you love these muffins. 🙂