Banana Bread Crumb Muffins
I love breakfast! Eggs, hash browns, bacon, muffins, scones and toast. I’m just a breakfast type of girl. But sometimes I just don’t have the time or the energy to make breakfast. Sometimes I need to grab and go…Enter Banana Bread Crumb Muffins!
I love to make breakfast, drink my coffee and relax in the mornings. Unfortunately, I can only do that on the weekends. During the week I’m guzzling my coffee and trying to shove some sort of breakfast down my throat. I’m not one of those people who can have a smoothie for breakfast.
Nope, I need some sort of food. Preferably some carbs. My favorite carbs are toast with some homemade jam. If I’m in a hurry I’ll do cereal. I’m not really fond of cereal anymore. I think I ate one to many boxes when I was younger. I do love having a muffin here and there. They’re a treat to have and I’m sick of having Starbucks muffins all the time. It was time to make my own. 🙂
Last week I had some bananas that started to brown and I knew I needed to do something with them before my hubby put them in the freezer. Does your loved one do that too? If he sees the bananas start browning even a little, he throws them in the freezer. Drives me crazy!
I had to be sneaky and put them in the pantry for a day to hide them. Shhh, don’t tell him. I didn’t have time to make these Banana Bread Crumb Muffins that day, so I needed to make sure they went untouched.
I’m so happy that I had the bananas to make these muffins. Oh my they are delicious! They taste like banana bread, but also have this delicious crumb topping. They’re moist, soft and have all the right flavors. I could eat them all with my coffee and I would be okay with that. What I love about these muffins is they aren’t overly sweet. I have this thing of not liking too much sweets in the morning. They’re the perfect breakfast muffin!
Actually they’re the perfect anytime muffin.
If you’re in a breakfast rut like me, then make these Banana Bread Crumb Muffins. You will not be disappointed. You can eat them in the morning, or for lunch or dinner. What the heck, you can eat them when ever your little heart feels like it. Make these. You will love them, promise!
Get the Recipe: Banana Bread Crumb Muffins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray jumbo muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add 5 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook butter, while stirring constantly. The butter will foam up and then turn golden brown. Once the foam starts to diminish and your butter turns golden brown, take it off the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sugar, 4 tablespoons of the browned butter and the egg. Whisk together. Whisk in milk and mashed bananas.
- Using a ladle, stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Make the crumb topping: Stir together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of cold butter. Mix until the mixture is crumbly and the butter resembles small pea size shapes.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of banana bread mixture into each muffin tin. Top with crumb topping and chopped pecans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Store in an air tight container. Muffins will keep for 3-5 days.
Banana bread is my ultimate weakness, Cyndi! And I love breakfast too but am often so rushed during the week that I never make it! Muffins are so perfect for that grab ‘n go option. These crumb muffins look fantastic! I’m in love with that topping, delish! Pinned!
Thank you Gayle! Ooohh you like banana bread just as much as me. Knew you were an awesome person! 😉
Hello, There is no sugar amount listed for the muffins. Can you please let me know? Thank you.
Hi Lauren! You were so right. I’m so sorry! It’s been fixed. I hope you enjoy the muffins and let me know how they turn out. 😉
Yum!!! This looks sooo good!! I am going to have to make this to share with my parents this week (since I will be visiting them) 🙂
Thank you Anna! I hope your parents like them! 😉
I am totally with you! I love breakfast, and I need FOOD. Lol. This muffins look delicious!
I knew I liked you for a reason Ashley, hehe. Thanks sweetie! 😉
This is so clever to make banana bread into muffins! And they look delicious. 🙂
Thank you Carrie!! I just love muffins. 😉
These look heavenly!! I love muffins! 🙂
Thank you Tiffany! 😉
Banana bread muffins with a crumb topping sounds absolutely perfect to me. I have to hide the brown bananas from myself because once they start to get spot I just can’t eat them anymore. But brown spotty bananas make the best bread and muffins!!!
Haha Jocelyn I’m the same way! I can’t have brown spots either. I need them a little green. 😉
These are gorgeous!!! I love the crumb 🙂
Thank you Aimee! That’s my favorite part too.
Banana crumb muffins are the best! I wish I had one of these with my morning cup of tea today.
Thank you Ashley!! Come on over and I’ll have some for ya. 🙂
Cheers for crumb topping! Loving these muffins… like the cuter, portable version of banana bread! 🙂
I’m right there with you! I need some substance to my breakfast and these muffins would fit the bill with that amazing crumb topping!!
Pingback: Banana Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - My Kitchen Craze
Pingback: 50+ Back to School Grab n Go Breakfasts Recipes - Julie's Eats & Treats
Pingback: Blueberry Crumb Muffins - My Kitchen Craze
Pingback: Apple Pecan Baked Oatmeal - My Kitchen Craze