One Pan Italian Pasta will be a winner with your family and it saves time in the kitchen. That’s a win, win in my opinion.
I’m always in need of quick meals. Sometimes life gets so busy and you don’t have time to sit, let alone make a meal. I wanted to make a pasta dish that uses only one pan. It also had to have some great flavor and wholesome veggies in it too.
Last Saturday, my mom and I went shopping. WOW did we have fun. We haven’t shopped like that in months, maybe even years. It was one of those shopping trips that we had so many bags on your arms that you had to make a few trips to the car. My kids were in desperate need of clothes and, so off we went on a 6 hour trip.
It was a blast! We started off the morning with Starbucks, then we went all over. We came up for some air around lunch time and had some delicious Rubio’s. It was an amazing day with my mom and daughter. I loved every second and wouldn’t trade it for the world.
But…let me tell you, when I got home I was so tired! Who knew you could get tired of shopping and hanging out with your loved ones. I didn’t want to think of cooking, but knew I needed to throw something together. It had to be easy and quick or I wasn’t gonna be cooking. I wasn’t in the mood to stand any longer. My feet were already killing me. 🙂
I got all the ingredients out for this pasta, which are easy peasy ingredients that you probably have in your cupboard already. The pasta was cooked within 30 minutes max! Beat that dinner! I was so excited. The flavors in this one pan pasta are delicious and taste great for dinner. This meal is part of our weekly rotation now! You should make it part of yours too! Your gonna love it, promise!
Also, don’t forget today is 30 Minute Thursday! You all know what that means! My food blogger friends and I bring you a ton of dinner recipes that are cooked within 30 minutes. Perfect for those days like I had this past weekend or days you’re so busy you can’t even think straight. Head over to everyone’s blog to get some yummy recipes! Enjoy!
Photos updated: 3/2/17
One Pan Italian Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into quarters
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2/3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large deep skillet, add olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onions, garlic and meat. Cook until browned, drain and return to skillet.
- Add tomatoes, broth and water; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add zucchini, tomato paste, parsley, seasoning and pasta. Mix well. Cover, reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 15 minutes; or until pasta is tender. Turn off heat once pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve & Enjoy!
One Pot Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup from The Recipe Rebel
Baked Chicken Ranch Taquitos from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus from Kristine’s Kitchen
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Noodles from Savory Nothings
Asian Lemon Chicken from Life Made Sweeter
Spicy Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup from Floating Kitchen
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Easy Thai Vegetable Pita Pizzas from She Likes Food
Guinness Beef Chili from Flavor the Moments