Every main dish deserves a great side dish and this Colorful Bean Salad is it! A delicious array of flavors and beans brings this side dish to a whole new level. Plus it’s easy to throw together on a busy night!
I’m very excited to be sharing this easy side dish recipe with you all today. This is my first recipe I’m sharing on Julie’s Eats and Treats and I’m very excited to be here. Without further ado, let’s get to this delicious Colorful Bean Salad.
I feel like side dishes always get the back burner. Especially in my house. I always worry about what the main dish is going to be, then the side dish is always something simple, like frozen veggies or potatoes. But that needs to change. There are times that the side dish makes the meal compete.
For instance you have a simple piece of grilled chicken, but add some delicious sides and you have one awesome meal. Now there are side dishes that take more time then the main entree, but who has time for that. Not me.
My hubby always love when I buy the bean salad from Costco, but it’s a huge jar and almost goes to waste. I also really like the freshness that you get out of this bean salad. The beans and onion add a nice crunch and the chili sauce adds a robust flavor.
You can also make this Colorful Bean Salad a meal of its own. Score!! Throw some rotisserie chicken in there and you have a perfect lunch the next day.
This salad is perfect for a busy day because come on who has time to be in the kitchen when you’ve been working all day and have kids to bath. The one suggestion I have for this dish is to make it before you start cooking your main dish. This salad needs to refrigerate for at least an hour so all the flavors can come together. Hope you enjoy this salad as much as my family does! Enjoy!!
This post first appeared over at Julie’s Eats & Treats where I’m a contributor
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Using a large bowl, add the first nine ingredients.
- Using a glass measuring cup or small bowl, add the chili sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour liquid mixture over bean mixture. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.