Cobb Salad ~ Crunchy veggies topped with blue cheese crumbles and your favorite dressing. This is one salad that you won’t have a problem eating and enjoying!
Hello everyone, today I’m sharing one of my all-time favorite salads. But first I need to ask you all a question. Are you a salad lover or hater?
I feel like you’re either one or the other. I know some people (my 9-year daughter included) love salad so much they could eat it every day, but then there are some that just don’t care for them.
If I’m being honest with you and myself, normally I only eat salads when we eat out. I don’t normally make salads at home that often, but Sean and my daughter love them so I have a few recipes that I always make. This Cobb Salad recipe is one of them. I love that it’s loaded with all sorts of veggies, hard boiled eggs and you can’t forget the bacon.
Yum…. Bacon!! I could put bacon on everything and love it. Couldn’t everyone though?
Whenever I make this salad I of course always top it with my Homemade Ranch dressing. Cobb Salad + Ranch go hand in hand together. Don’t you think?
Another thing I do different about this recipe is I add feta cheese crumbles instead of blue cheese. I’m not a fan of blue cheese, but Sean loves it so I switch it up from time to time.
If you’re looking for a side recipe or a main, This Cobb Salad needs to be made! Trust me when I say everyone in your family will love it. Make sure to make the ranch dressing to go with it! Enjoy!
THIS POST FIRST APPEARED OVER AT THE WEARY CHEF WHERE I’M A CONTRIBUTOR! HEAD OVER TO SEE WHAT ANDI’S COOKIN UP!
- ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1-2 avocados
- ¾ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat (optional)
- ranch dressing
- Place first six ingredients into a large bowl and mix together until incorporated.
- Once everything is mixed together, plate salad into bowls, then sprinkle with avocado and blue cheese crumbles.
- Drizzle with ranch, serve & enjoy!