Baked Garlic Green Beans are a simple and delicious side dish that will compliment any main entree. Crunchy green beans and roasted garlic, make this one easy yummy side!
Everybody loves veggies right?? Wrong!! I am not a huge veggie fan and I hate that I am so picky. I absolutely adore my husband for putting up with me because he only gets a select amount of vegetables in our house.
When we got married 15 years ago (wow that’s a long time), I never cooked with fresh vegetables. I never cooked period, but that’s not the point of this post today, hehe. I always threw a can of veggies in a pan and warmed that up for dinner. But things are different now and I’m exploring more with fresh vegetables.
Mom used to always make canned green beans when we were kids, so I knew I liked the canned version. I never knew if I’d actually like fresh green beans. I instantly feel in love with them when I tried them for the first time. They’re so easy to cook with and soo very very yummy. You can never go wrong with green beans.
I think every one likes them. I wanted to share this recipe with you all today because Christmas is literally days away and I thought you all might need a simple, 4 ingredient side dish. I know I’ll be slaving away in the kitchen making the appetizers, mains and dessert. The last thing I need to worry about is what side I’ll be making.
This recipe is fool proof and is perfect with chicken, fish or steak dinners. No matter what you’re cooking this holiday season, or for dinner this dish will accompany it perfectly.
Baked Garlic Green Beans
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed and ends cut off
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- sea salt & pepper, to your liking
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Place green beans in a large bowl. Pour olive oil over green beans and toss.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic over green beans. Pour onto baking sheet.
- Cook for 17-20 minutes, checking and tossing half way through cooking process.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
- You could sprinkle parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese over the green beans the last 5 minutes in the oven.