Can you believe Easter is only weeks away? Where has the time gone? I feel like it was just Christmas and here we are. Already the end of March, Spring and Easter. My goodness. It’s crazy how fast time flies by. I remember the kids just starting school and thinking that we had 9 months to go and now we are down to 2 1/2 months.
With Easter only weeks away and spring break next week, I wanted to make some cookies for the kids teachers. Teachers are so under appreciated, I feel. They work so hard and don’t get the thanks they should, don’t-cha think? With my son being in the six grade, I couldn’t exactly buy every teacher a $25 gift card, so I thought cookies would be the perfect fit. I hope all the teachers loved them! Actually I hope my son gave them to his teachers instead of eating them all. 😉
I wanted these cookies to be Easter themed but not overly done up. I wanted something cutesy and simple.
Remember, I’m all about the simple, easy recipes over here! This Easter Blossom Sugar Cookie recipe is so good. They come together quickly and taste great with or without the Hersey Kiss Candy. They’re buttery with those crunchy edges I love and taste just how a sugar cookie should. The chocolate kiss gives the cookie some Umph and sweetness.
The kids went nuts for these and ate about 3 before I had to tell them to slow down or I wouldn’t have enough for their teachers. Silly kids!
On a side note, if you can’t find the colored sugar, you can go with out it or roll them in granulated sugar. Really anything works for these cookies.
- 36 Hersey Kisses
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pink, yellow, blue & purple sugar crystals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove wrappers from candies; set them aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, making sure both are completely incorporated.
- In a small bowl add flour, baking soda and salt, whisking together to combine.
- With your stand mixer on slow, add the flour mixture and milk. Alternating each and ending with the flour mixture. Ladle sides and bottom of bowl to make sure everything is blended together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll dough in colored sugar crystals and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Remove from the oven and let them sit for 2 minutes on baking the baking sheet.
- Press a Hersey kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove cookies from baking sheet to a wire rack and let cool completely.