Sweet Pepper Poppers ~ Perfect Small Bite Appetizer for Your Next Party! Only 7 ingredients and 30 Minutes!
Can you believe this year is almost over? I can’t. It’s going by way to fast and needs to slow down. Since we’re in the midst of family gatherings, holiday parties, football games and potlucks, I wanted to share a recipe with you that’s easy and delicious.
I didn’t create this recipe myself, but my girlfriend, Jessica did. You’ve likely heard me talk about her before, but in case you don’t remember let’s remind you. Her and I’ve been friends for roughly 17 years. I met her working at Hot Dog on a Stick and we’ve been friends ever since. We’ve gone through so much together and I know I can always count on her.
When I was brain storming ideas for this post, I was in San Diego visiting her for the weekend. Something you should know about Jessica is she’s an amazing cook. She’s one of those people that can throw things together and it always turn out amazing. So it’s only natural that I call her for inspiration from time to time.
So when she gave me the idea for these Sweet Pepper Poppers, I knew I had to make them. They sounded delicious and perfect for a holiday appetizer, football party or a potluck. I came home from my weekend in SD and made them immediately. And oh my gosh you guys, they turned out better than I could have imagined. They’re so good!
I ate 5 or 6 no problem and could have easily eaten more, hehe. To say they’re addicting is an understatement. Everyone’s going to devour them and ask you for the recipe and more. I love that they have a little bit of heat to them too with the added pepper jack cheese. Totally takes them to the next level in my opinion.
These Sweet Pepper Poppers will be a hit at your next party. Only 7 ingredients and ready within 30 minutes. See aren’t these the perfect appetizer? Make sure to try them at your next gathering. You’ll be glad that you did. Enjoy!
This post first appeared at Julie’s Eats and Treats where I’m a contributor.
Sweet Pepper Poppers
- 1 pound sweet mini peppers, tops cut and cored
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese
- garnish: cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place prepared peppers on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Cook ground turkey in a medium sauce pan until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Drain and place back in sauce pan. Add in taco seasoning and water, cook 2 more minutes.
- Turn heat to low, mix in cream cheese until melted and blended together. Turn off heat.
- Stir in black beans and corn.
- Add a dollop of the meat mixture to each mini pepper. Once each pepper is filled, bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle pepper jack cheese on top of each.
- Bake an additional 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro, serve & enjoy!