This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Savory Stuffed Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach, bacon, pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese. Sprinkled with Goldfish® Made with Whole Grain Crackers then baked to a crispy perfection. Perfect for a weeknight with friends and family.
Can we please talk about this chicken dish? Isn’t it gorgeous?
I had some friends coming over for the first time for dinner and I really wanted to wow them. Being a food blogger and all I wanted to show off my skills. Ha! Just kidding.
Now I’m gonna be honest with you all and let you know that this was my first time ever making stuffed chicken. My hubby actually came up with the idea and man oh man do I owe him big time. This dish is such a crowd pleaser that you and your guest will be wanting more.
When we decided to invite friends over I knew that the food had to be good. Not only because of the food blogger thing, but also because we literally have no friends since moving and I was desperate to have some girls to chat with. A girl can only take so many hubby and kid talk. There are times you just need your girl time.
Sean and I narrowed down the recipe and knew we wanted cheese, spinach and bacon in the middle, but I’ve read that sometimes the chicken can taste bland if not topped with something. And who wants to eat bland food? Not me.
When I was grocery shopping at Wal-Mart before the party, my daughter asked if we could buy her some Goldfish Crackers to snack on. I saw that Goldfish Crackers now have a Baked with Whole Grain option, (great job by the way) so I told her to grab a few bags.
When I was thinking of a breading for the stuffed chicken I thought what’s better than some cheesy tasty Goldfish Crackers. I crushed some up, added some panko crumbs and some dried herbs. Voila! You have yourself one tasty topping. This topping really excited me because there are so many other recipes I could use it in. My next recipe I’m going to try it on is mac and cheese. How good would this topping taste even more cheese. Yum!
Not only did this Spinach, Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Chicken work out great, but I also got to chat with some awesome people. You know that saying good friends, good food, make for good times. It was a night to remember and it wasn’t the last time this stuffed chicken will be on our dinner table. Enjoy!
If you’d like more recipes on how to use Goldfish Crackers head here. There are a ton of yummy snacks, entrees and more.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Tuscan Italian dressing
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 turkey bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup [i]Baked with Goldfish Made with Whole Grain Cheddar crackers[/i], crushed
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Ms Dash table blend seasoning
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in Italian dressing, toss around, seal and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, cheeses and garlic. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts until they are about an 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick. Reserve salad dressing; set aside to brush on tops of chicken later.
- Take one chicken breasts and place 2 heaping tablespoons of the sour cream cheese mixture, place crumbled bacon and 5-6 spinach leaves. Roll the chicken breasts, making sure to keep the stuff inside the chicken. Secure with two toothpicks, one at each end. Place chicken in the prepared baking dish, seam side down.
- Brush dressing over tops of chicken.
- In a small bowl, add topping ingredients and combine. Sprinkle topping mixture over rolled chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken reaches proper temperature.
- Serve & Enjoy