This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FallFlavors #CollectiveBias
Enjoy this Spiced Pumpkin Poke Cake at your next fall gathering. Delicious moist cake smothering with condensed milk, then topped with a cream cheese whipped frosting and a DOVE® dark chocolate pumpkin. You and your guests will love this fall inspired poke cake!
I’m in shock that it’s October already. I know I always say this, but where is the time going? I feel like we just had Halloween and Thanksgiving and here it is yet again. But I do have to say I love when fall is finally here.
I love the cooler weather, the coffee drinks that come out and of course let’s not forget everything pumpkin. Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin dessert and even pumpkin salsa. Everything is pumpkin and I. Love. It!
While I was shopping at Target, I had to go to their special holiday aisles. Don’t you love that no matter what holiday it is, Target has a special section for it. That could be a good thing or a bad for me because I always end up coming home with a ton of stuff. Such as last week when I was browsing around the Fall/Halloween section I stumbled up Pillsbury® Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix and automatically thought poke cake.
I’ve never made a poke cake but I’ve always wanted to try one. Since I love this Tres Leche Cake, I knew I’d like this poke cake. First off, are you a pumpkin lover? Please say yes!
I have a question for all of you Pumpkin lovers. Do you like chocolate with your pumpkin desserts? I do and I sure hope you do too. I love chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, chocolate chip pumpkin waffles and the list goes on and on. I knew I wanted to add some sort of chocolate to this poke cake. But I didn’t want to overload it with chocolate chips. So I grabbed a bag of these DOVE Dark Chocolate Pumpkins that are sold exclusively at Target and added those on top. It gives this cake just that little umph and makes it look pretty too.
This poke cake turned out better than I expected. It was one of those recipes where you have this awesome idea, cross your fingers and hope that everything tastes just the way you imagine it. Then you take that first bite and think, “Yes, I’m a genius”.
Moist, flavorful and out of this world. That’s what the whole family said about this Spiced Pumpkin Poke Cake. I highly suggest that for your next family gathering, pot luck or special fall event, you make this poke cake. Get your booty to Target and pick up these Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix and DOVE Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Candies. You’ll be happy that you did. Happy Fall!!
I loved the delicious fall flavors I created. Be sure to check out more yummy recipes using MARS chocolate candies and Pillsbury Perfectly Cake Mix. Also be sure to check out more fun Cartwheel offers using MARS chocolate candies and Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix here!
- [b]Cake: [/b]
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 DOVE Dark Chocolate Pumpkins
- 5 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Using your stand mixer or a large bowl, add the Pillsbury cake mix, nutmeg, cloves and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk everything together, until mixed well. In a medium bowl, add the water, canola oil and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using your stand mixer or hands, mix everything together and keep whisking for 2 minutes. Pour cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (mine was done in 30 minutes), or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Immediately poke about 50 holes in the cake. I used the back of a small spatula to poke my holes. Once all the holes are poked, pour the condensed milk over the warm cake. Make sure to get the milk in all of those holes. You can use the spatula to spread the milk all over the cake.
- Cover cake and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Once the cake has sat for 4 hours, prepare the frosting in your stand mixer. Place the cream cheese and powdered sugar inside the bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy. Lightly stir in the non-dairy whipped topping until mixed well. Spread evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies and place DOVE Dark Chocolate Pumpkins on top.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Need some more pumpkin recipes? Here you go:
Here are more Poke Cakes from around the web:
White Chocolate Gingerbread Poke Cake by The Recipe Rebel
Tiramisu Poke Cake by The Domestic Rebel
Banana Caramel Poke Cake by Shugary Sweets
Candy Corn Poke Cake by Kara’s Party Ideas