Need a fun new twist for dinner tonight? Then you need to try these Lasagna Roll Ups. Quick and much easier than regular lasagna, but still gives you that delicious flavor! Perfect for dinner!
Are you a pasta lover like me, but are always trying to come up with new and fun ideas. I’ve seen these lasagna roll ups around Pinterest and thought what a great idea! It’s like having your own individual lasagna. How cool is that?
I knew I had to make some. I remembered when I was younger I would always throw one of those freezer lasagna’s in the oven when ever we needed a quick dinner. I thought I was the coolest kid in town because I just made a lasagna. Ha. But I was seriously a horrible cook back then. Once I realized how easy lasagna was to make I kicked myself in the butt for always going to the frozen, pre-made lasagna section.
You all know, one of the reasons I wanted to start this food blog is because I have Ulcerative Colitis. I was diagnosed back in 2010 and noticed right away that home cooked foods bothered my stomach less. I thought what if I can help not only people with UC but others too.
Why is it when I was in my twenties homemade foods became a thing of the past. It was all about quick, easy no prep meals. TV dinners, Processed and pre-made foods become all we ate. For the first part of my marriage that’s all we ate, literally. No joking! It was either fast food or boxed meals. Just add meat and go. So gross now that I think about it.
I want to make that a thing of the past. I know I can’t change the world but maybe I can help you and others with some home cooking. What better way to start then with lasagna. Every one thinks that you have to be a chef or have professional training to make lasagna. You don’t and I’m here to show you a simple easy recipe.
These Lasagna Roll Ups are filled with ground turkey or beef, ricotta and mozzarella cheese and of course you must have some basil. There are more, but you get the idea. I strongly urge you to give this recipe a try. I think you’ll be surprised how easy and delicious it is. Happy Cooking!
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb turkey/beef meat
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon italian parsley, chopped
- 12 basil leaves, cut into large pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Make lasagna noodles according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add onion and turkey meat. Brown meat until no longer pink. Add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds more. Drain excess fat and return to pot. Pour spaghetti sauce over meat and mix. Let warm up for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, egg, 1 tablespoon parsley, basil and mix together. Set aside.
- <span></span>Spread 1 cup of sauce mixture on the bottom of prepared pan. Lay one noodle down and place 2-3 tablespoon of cheese mixture on noodle. Top with sauce/meat mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in pan. Continue with remaining noodles.
- Top noodles with remaining sauce/meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of parsley and enjoy!