I found this recipe on food network many years ago. It was an instant hit with my hubby and I have to say that it wasn’t bad either. I ended up adding and taking away numerous ingredients to make it my own. For instance I went and added some black olives and peppercini’s.
Then there the salad dressing! It’s so easy to whip up and so flavorful. It pairs perfectly with the salad. You could have this salad as a side or grill up some chicken and have it as your main. Either way you need to give this salad a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Italian Antipasto Salad
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 head red leaf lettuce, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite size pieces (I didn't use iceberg. I used extra of the other lettuces)
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and patted dry, (optional)
- 8 ounces pepperoni pieces
- 3 ounces Provolone, cubed
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 3-4 pepperonchinis
- 1/3 cup cucumbers, optional
- cherry tomatoes (6-10 or as much as you'd like), cut in half lengthwise
- salt & pepper to your liking
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add lettuces to a large serving bowl. Top with garbanzo beans, pepperoni, provolone cheese, black olives, pepperonchinis, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add all red wine vinaigrette ingredients to a salad shaker. Shake to incorporate all ingredients.
- Toss salad and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!