Gnocchi with Turkey and White Beans is a no fuss recipe that you can toss together and cook in one skillet within 30 minutes. Perfect for those busy nights!
I’m pretty excited about today’s post guys. Not only does this recipe take 30 minutes to whip up, but some of my food blogger friends and I have complied a list of 30 minute meals to help you during those hectic nights. Every first Thursday of every month my food blogger friends and I will share our 30 minute meals with you. How fun! 🙂
I know first hand that weeknights are the busiest. Why is that? Sometimes I don’t even have time to take out the trash or do that last load of laundry. Let alone make a meal. That’s where these wonderful food bloggers and I come in. We wanted to give you recipes that’ll have you in and out of the kitchen within 30 minutes tops.
My recipe for you today is a gnocchi skillet meal. Have you ever had gnocchi? If I’m being honest here, I only tried gnocchi because of this little blog. About two years ago when I first started, I wanted to have fun and unique recipes. Enter gnocchi. Gnocchi is considered a pasta, but it’s also a potato. Fun huh? Normally you’ll find it in your pasta aisle or the refrigerated Italian aisle.
Can I give you some advice? Prepare to take a picture of gnocchi with you when you go the grocery store. I can almost guarantee that the sales clerk will NOT, I repeat will not know what gnocchi is. I’ve had to ask 5 different people and show them pictures in order to find those delicious little dumplings. In fact this last time I was at the grocery store I had to show the guy where the gnocchi was and explain what it is. Hopefully I taught you something new today and now you can teach your grocery clerk something too.
Once you buy the gnocchi, everything else is smooth sailing. This dish literally takes no more than 30 minutes to make and the flavors are so good. I love that you can alter it to your taste buds. Make it spicy, add more veggies, make it with sausage…the list is endless.
Remember to head over and show my food blogger friends some love too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian seasoned ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (roughly 16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 3/4 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted garlic tomatoes
- 3/4 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground turkey. Cook until crumbly, about 5 minutes. Add the oregano and garlic, cook an additional minute. Pour meat into a strainer and set aside for a few minutes. Add skillet back to the heat. If the pan is a little dry, add a little more olive oil and return to medium-high heat.
- Add gnocchi and sauté about 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown. Return the ground turkey to the skillet and mix in the beans, tomatoes and spinach. Cook for 2 more minutes. Add any salt and pepper at this time.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle with basil and both cheeses. Cover for a few minutes. This will allow the cheeses to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure to check out the recipes below from some of my favorite blogging friends!
Honey Garlic Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner by Kristine’s Kitchen
African Peanut Stew with Chicken and Sweet Potatoes by Floating Kitchen
Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Lighter Stovetop Turkey Tetrazzini by Savory Nothings
Maple Ginger Cashew Stir Fry by Sweet Peas & Saffron
30-Minute Pork Chops with Creamy Bourbon Mushroom Sauce by Flavor the Moments
Pizza Polenta Bowls by She Likes Food
Pizza Pitas by The Recipe Rebel
Pumpkin Sausage Alfredo Penne by Whole and Heavenly Oven
Easy Chicken Lo Mein by Life Made Sweeter
Easy Beef and Broccoli by Bake. Eat. Repeat.