Need a quick and no fuss dinner? Then you need to whip up this Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole. It’s one of those recipes that you’ll make again and agin.
Toady we’re talking tater tots. Do you like them or hate them? I feel like tots were such a huge hit back in the day, but now a days you just don’t see them all that much. Well let’s change that starting today with this yummy recipe.
Tater tots hold a special place in my heart. I know that sounds silly since tater tots are just potatoes, but the memories are what’s so special. When I was little, maybe 9 or 10 we did’t have pizza Friday’s, but fish sticks and tater tot nights. I’d patiently wait until my mom got home from work so she could stick everything in the oven.
I remember thinking that fish sticks and tater tots were so hard to make. How was I ever going to make this on my own one day. Plus mom would make this yummy dipping sauce. It was so delicious! Ha, how silly our young mind works. Jump forward 24 years and I still love tater tots. I sometimes forget about them, but when ever I’m in the freezer isle at the grocery store I have to get them.
With the holidays around the corner I need quick no fuss meals. I need to be able to get in and out of the kitchen with time to spare. This casserole is literally a dump and go casserole. Bake until golden brown and heated through, then serve & enjoy. Simple as that.
Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole is a creamy dish, loaded with chicken, veggies and has a delicious flavor. While you’re shopping away or at those work functions, come home to a quick and delicious meal.
- 16 ounce sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen bell pepper & onion mix
- 1 (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup real bacon bit pieces (I use Oscar Meyer)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds frozen tater tots
- garnish: green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, chicken, bell pepper mix, ranch dressing mix, bacon bits and cheese. Fold in frozen tater tots, leaving some out to lay across the top.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until bubbly and tater tots are golden brown.
- Garnish, serve & enjoy!
More casserole recipes? You got it!
Here are some more Tater Tot recipes from other food bloggers:
4 Ingredient Zucchini Tater Tots by She Likes Food
Tater Tot Nachos by Family Fresh Meals
Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Break by Chew Out Loud
Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza by The Gunny Sack