If you love brownies then you’re gonna love these Caramel Pecan Brownies. They’re soft, chewy, chocolate-y with caramel and pecans. Add a dollop of vanilla ice cream and you’re in brownie heaven.
I was in a baking mood and really wanted to make a yummy treat, so I went on a Pinterest hunt. Wow guys, there are so many yummy ideas on Pinterest. I could literally spend all day just looking around and pinning lots and lots of recipes, but then I start to get hungry so I have to turn off the computer. If you’re a pinner like me, be sure to follow me here.
While I was pinning away, I saw a bunch of brownies and I got an idea. What about putting some caramel and pecans into the brownies? I am a brownie/bar kinda of girl, so this was the perfect idea. I would pick brownies and bars over any dessert any day. I just love how easy they are and they always taste delicious! Now when I was younger I used to make brownies out of the box.
No judging k. They were simple and easy. But now that I have my own blog and such, I had to make them by hand. My hubby and family would expect no less and I am sure you all would expect no less from a food blogger, right?
I used my easy go to brownie recipe, cooked half of the batter in a baking dish, then smothered melted caramel bits and pecans all over, then put the rest of the brownie batter on top and finished baking them. I crossed my fingers that they would be amazing, but I didn’t realize how good they actually would be. These Caramel Pecan Brownies are soft with crunchy pecans and edges (I love the crunchy edges). They have the right about of chocolate, pecan and caramel to make them irresistible.
Beware you will want more than one. And you will want ice cream or a glass of milk with it. Be prepared to have your mind blown people. This is no joke. These are the best brownies I have ever (yes I just said ever) had. I can not tell you enough good things about these guys. So your going to have to trust me and make them asap!
Caramel Pecan Brownies
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3/4 cups butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (11 oz) Kraft Caramel bits
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with butter.
- Add sugar, eggs and mix well. Stir in flour until blended.
- Pour half of brownie batter into prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes, or until top is firm to the touch.
- About 5 minutes before the brownies are set, place caramel and whipping cream in a medium bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes; or until caramel start to melt. Stir until caramel is completely melted. Stir in pecans.
- Pour caramel mixture over brownie batter in prepared pan, making sure to get all the edges. Pour remaining uncooked brownie batter on top of the caramel.
- Bake 26-30 minutes; or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and is firm to the touch.
- Cool completely, then remove foil and cut into squares.
- Enjoy with some ice cream or a nice glass of milk!