Happy Friday! Yay! Weekend here we come! Today concludes Breakfast week. I hope you enjoyed all the yummy recipes I shared with you this week.
I tried to change it up with a healthy breakfast, a hearty fun taco breakfast, then a sweet breakfast. Today I’m bringing you a delicious and super easy breakfast casserole.
This dish comes together quickly and will be on your table in no time at all. You know those weekend days you wake up and don’t know what you want for breakfast. You know that you’re sick of your every day butter and toast, or granola bars. You know that you want something hearty, but you also don’t have all day to be in the kitchen.
If that’s the case, then you need to make this Breakfast Casserole. It’s seriously so versatile. You can really add any ingredients you want or have on hand. The main ingredient you’ll need of course are eggs.
When I came up with this dish I had a few veggies in the fridge that needed to be used. I also had a pound of turkey sausage in the freezer that was calling my name. This casserole has everything you need for your morning. It has meat, potatoes, vegetables, and even dairy. In my book that’s one excellent meal. This dish is sure to get you going in the morning and will keep you full for a good while.
Happy Weekend! 🙂
- 1 pound ground turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (7 oz) chopped chiles
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 7 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pieces of bacon, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- garnish, avocados, hot sauce, salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Brown turkey sausage and onion in a skillet until crumbly and cooked through. Drain and add back to the skillet. Add bell peppers and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove meat mixture to a large bowl. Add canned chiles, 1 cup shredded cheese and mix throughly.
- In a medium bowl add potatoes and cover with water. Set bowl in the microwave and cover. Microwave for 5-8 minutes,or until tender. Drain and place in the large bowl with the meat mixture. Mix everything together.
- In a large bowl add eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
- Place meat mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake casserole for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are set and firm.
- Serve with green onions, avocados and hot sauce. Enjoy!