Happy Valentine’s Day! Do you go out today and make a big special day or do you lay low and relax at home?
Be sure to follow me on Facebook to stay up to date!
My hubby, Sean and I aren’t big V-day people. Never have been, then kids came along and the day was forgotten completely. Opps. I know it’s a day to show your loved one that you appreciate them and love them, but I gotta say that my hubby, Sean shows me through out the year his love. I get loved everyday, so honestly I don’t need anything on V-day. But that doesn’t mean we don’t need some yummy baked goods to celebrate, right? In my opinion baked goods are way better than flowers and candy.
So I decided since I was going to bake something for Valentine’s Day that it should at least be something red. But I’ve never made red velvet cookies before. Actually I’ve never made red velvet anything. I always felt like red velvet cookies, cupcakes, cakes and anything else that come in red velvet was for the professionals. Well let me tell you people that I was wrong. I am so happy that I decided to make these for Valentine’s Day. These Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are moist with a crunchy edge. They literally take minutes to put together then 10 minutes to bake and wallah you are in red velvet cookie heaven!
If your looking for something to make your loved one, co-workers, or anyone else you love, you should make these. Even if your low on time I promise these will be done within 30 minutes. Enjoy! Hope your day is filled with love and joy! Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!!
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar, for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a stand mixer pour cake mix and all-purpose flour. Mix well; until there are no clumps. Add eggs, oil and vanilla extract to bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Coat generously with powdered sugar. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!