Oh my goodness!!! So these were officially the first dinner I made in my new house and let me tell you they were phenomenal! I don’t know why I haven’t made these sooner. Who knows maybe I was destined to make them in my new oven and on my new stove. Either way I am super glad that I got introduced to them cause I will be making them again and again. Yes they were that good!
- 4-5 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef (I used turkey)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded fiesta cheese (cheddar or Moterey jack will do fine)
- 1 can refried beans
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- Handful lettuce, chopped
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Lightly grease two muffins tins with cooking spray. Cut 4 inch circles from the tortillas. You will need about 16. Microwave the tortillas for about 10-15 seconds, until the tortillas are pliable. Place one tortilla in each muffin tin. Pressing the tortilla down on to the bottom and around the sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the ground turkey or beef over medium heat. Crumble the meat as it cooks, about 5-8 minutes. Drain the grease and add back to skillet. Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop a spoonful of meat mixture into each tortilla cup. Add about a tablespoon of beans and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tortillas are lightly browned around the edges and the filling is hot and bubbly. Carefully remove taco cups from muffin tins. Add tomatoes, onions, lettuce and a dallop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe